The Move - Highs and Lows

Monday, February 13, 2012

The biggest part of our move to Project Dollhouse is over!  Downsizing is not easy.  I have way too much furniture to fit into the available space and some hard choices are being made.  


The  move itself was a bit of a nightmare.  The day we moved the large pieces of furniture it poured rain all day and our new carpet had been installed just the day before.
Luckily the carpet survived pretty well thanks to lots of flattened cardboard boxes we put down in the walkways. And I have to say I'm pretty happy with the carpet itself and my experience with Lowe's.  The carpet is called "Beachwalk" and it's the carpet version of seagrass, only much cushier and minus the smell.

For the most part the house is still a hot mess of moving boxes and random items waiting to be placed somewhere in the house.  

I also got a few made over furniture pieces placed.
This mid-century Stanley Furniture credenza is currently sporting some glossy black paint and now serves as my media cabinet.

Swanky!  I'm working on an arrangement of my recently acquired framed Chinoiserie panels and antlers around this piece. Does that sound like a weird combination? My family room has no fireplace so this wall will serve as one of the room's focal points.

Also, my thrift store campaign dresser got a coat of glossy white paint and it now lives in my(our) bedroom.
Would you believe that dresser took 3 coats of paint and every time I missed that little vertical strip on the top right?  3 times!!!

And, little bits of arranging are going on.

One day a time, people.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kimberly Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com







20 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Well just hang in there, Kim! It is going to be beautiful. Very impressed with your painted pieces.
Can't wait to see it all finished.
Teresa
xoxo

Karena said...

Kim I love the transformation of your glossy black console!! Amazing! I have scaled to a smaller space so I understand completely!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

Looking good! That credenza makeover is fantastic!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love the black chest. I want one just like it. The new carpet looks amazing. We are also thinking of moving into a little doll house. I will have to get rid of so many things. I cant wait to see yours when it is done. We will be able to play house! Maybe we can trade items.

InteriorGroupie said...

That media cabinet is amazing! Well done, and good luck with the unpacking

Dayka Robinson said...

lookin' good, kim! you've already got some great case pieces on hand, so i'm excited to see everything come together. want to hear (and see) more of that carpet, too!

Cris Angsten said...

It's going to be great! Hang in there, moving is a CHORE. Looking forward to our move later in the year - well, some of it!

Ashley said...

Oh, these sneak peaks are killing me. The dollhouse is looking great...and don't even get me started on your snazzy repainted credenza. Love it!

Jessica said...

Dresser envy!
I feel your pain with moving and downsizing. We moved six months ago and are in the middle of getting rid of a lot of stuff. It feels nice to have less though.

Town and Country Gals said...

Kim,
Moving is not fun, but when it's all said and done, it's a great feeling! Love the furniture pieces! You've done some amazing things with the house so far, can't wait to see it finished!
Rebecca
PS. you should come to the flea, Spring is the best time weather wise! I think you'd like it!

Elizabeth said...

Moving is a pain in the neck but lots of decorating opportunities arise :-) Happy Valentine's Day!
Elizabeth from covetdujour.blogspot.com

kayce hughes said...

YOu are killing me with that bamboo piece!

Interior Design Musings said...

Totally coveting that white campaign chest. Those are starting to turn into a unicorn for me as they get snapped up the minute they are put on sale! It looks amazing!! M.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Love the mid century credenza. I can't wait to see the prints hung behind it.

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

Hey Kim! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :). I'm loving that white dresser! SO funny you missed that spot three times, but I didn't notice it until you pointed it out! It's my favourite piece!
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I'm sure you'll be organized and feeling at home in no time. Loving the carpet, will it be easy to maintain? I'm curious because we're planning to replace ours and I'm looking for something good looking that can handle spills.

anita said...

Everything looks so great! I especially love the black media cabinet. Very nice!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Love the media cabinet! We are trying to arrange our little new home too... challenging but fun :)

Mary said...

That cabinet looks amazing!! I hope things are coming along without too many hiccups.

The Vintique Object said...

Bless your heart. Moving is horrible. But always fun to get everything in and start decorating...and moving the furniture around...and again...and again...and again...